Getting to the store late could be a bit hectic and even moreso to meet it closed. But hey you can always try your own recipes at home.
- 1 large egg yolk*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup canola oil, divided
- Combine egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Whisk until blended and bright yellow, about 30 seconds.
- Using 1/4 teaspoon measure and whisking constantly, add 1/4 cup oil to yolk mixture, a few drops at a time, about 4 minutes. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup oil in very slow thin stream, whisking constantly, until mayonnaise is thick, about 8 minutes (mayonnaise will be lighter in color). Cover and chill. do ahead Can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- To make aioli, add 1 minced garlic clove to the egg mixture, and substitute extravirgin olive oil for the canola oil.
- Raw egg is not recommended for infants, the elderly, pregnant women, and people with weakened immune systems. To avoid the risk of salmonella infection, you can use pasteurized egg yolk instead.
Kindly answer this survey
News2 weeks ago
Friends of Education(FOE) Donates to Nine Schools in Kpandai District
News5 days ago
Australian embassy joins terrorism alert fray but pledges $75,000 to strengthen Ghana’s security base
News2 weeks ago
Upper West Region: Burkinabe apprehended over wielding loaded gun in a Catholic church
News1 day ago
Ghanaian nurses to be sent to Barbados
News1 week ago
GIBA vows to resist attempts to charge free to air television service