Getting to the store late could be a bit hectic and even moreso to meet it closed. But hey you can always try your own recipes at home.
- 1 large egg yolk*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup canola oil, divided
- Combine egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Whisk until blended and bright yellow, about 30 seconds.
- Using 1/4 teaspoon measure and whisking constantly, add 1/4 cup oil to yolk mixture, a few drops at a time, about 4 minutes. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup oil in very slow thin stream, whisking constantly, until mayonnaise is thick, about 8 minutes (mayonnaise will be lighter in color). Cover and chill. do ahead Can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- To make aioli, add 1 minced garlic clove to the egg mixture, and substitute extravirgin olive oil for the canola oil.
- Raw egg is not recommended for infants, the elderly, pregnant women, and people with weakened immune systems. To avoid the risk of salmonella infection, you can use pasteurized egg yolk instead.
Top Stories2 weeks ago
American actor Michael Jai White enstooled as chief at Akwamu
Showbiz4 days ago
Return my properties and go on with doing drugs – Shatta Wale to Michy
Top Stories7 days ago
How NAM 1 escaped through Togo border to Nigeria and then to South Africa
Series1 day ago
Jenifa’s Diary Season 12 Episode 6 [Download]
Videos7 days ago
Keeny Ice Releases Video for ‘Ebe God’ Featuring Victor AD
Top Stories4 days ago
JUST IN: KK Fosu involved in GORY ACCIDENT on Motorway
Top Stories5 days ago
Genevieve Nnaji becomes Nollywood’s first billionaire with Lionheart Movie
News2 days ago
Menzgold CEO, NAM1 arrested in Dubai