Spanish champions Real Madrid and Italian Champions Juventus face off in the most important match of the season- the UEFA Champions League Final. The match sees Real boss Zinedine Zidane come against his former side managed by Massimiliano Allegri. The final which kicks off today (Saturday, June 3rd) at 7:45pm (GMT) at Wales National Stadium; the Millennium Stadium will see history written whichever side the coin falls.
Here is all you need to know about the mouthwatering clash.
- Defending champions Real Madrid seeks to become the first side to win the coveted trophy in consecutive years since its new format in 1992. Real have a total of 11 final success.
- Juventus are aiming complete a historic treble for the first time having already secured a domestic double. (Serie A and Coppa Italia). Juventus have won the trophy twice, having suffered six losses.
- Sami Khedira has returned from injury for Juventus just in time and is fit to play in the final. Daniele Rugani and Marko Pjaca are both sidelined due to injuries.
- Real may be without centre-back Pepe, who is recovering from a rib injury. Gareth Bale has been declared fit which means Los Blancs boss Zinedine Zidane has a decision to make between him an in-form Isco.
- Predicted Line-Up for Juventus- Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Dani Alves, Pjanic, Khedira, Alex Sandro, Dybala, Mandzukic, Gonzalo Higuain.
- Predicted Line-Up for Madrid- Navas, Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Casmeiro, Kroos, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.
Head to Head
- The last time the two sides met in a UCL final was in 1998. Real Madrid beat Juventus by a lone goal to clinch the title.
- Both side have clashed on 11 occasions; Juventus has won 6 times with Maadrid picking up 3 wins.
- Juventus has conceded just three times in this season’s Champions League with just one of those coming from open play.
- Dani Alves vs Marcelo. The two Brazilian fullbacks will come up directly against each other and it will be interesting to see how this turns out. Both players are an attacking threat and provide lot for their teams going forward. Alves has scored six times and assisted on seven occasions in all competitions this season whiles Marcelo has three goals, having provided an assist for a goal thirteen times.The winner of this battle undoubtedly will have a big impact on turn of events in Cardiff. The fixture has all the elements of a proper final and there’s very little to separate both sides. Whichever history to be written will be known after 90 minutes, a 30 more or the dreaded penalty shoot-out.
Kindly answer this survey
News2 weeks ago
Ghana seals deal with Ethiopian Airline to launch new national carrier
News7 days ago
We will continue to support the Ghana music industry despite Saturdays incident – Vodafone Ghana assures
News1 week ago
Takoradi missing girls: Int’l agencies collaborating with Government as part of rescue efforts – Minister assures
Entertainment2 weeks ago
Krefe Releases Stunning Photos as He Gears Towards Releasing His Upcoming Single
News7 days ago
Circle floods again after Mondays downpour