Spanish champions Real Madrid and Italian Champions Juventus face off in the most important match of the season- the UEFA Champions League Final. The match sees Real boss Zinedine Zidane come against his former side managed by Massimiliano Allegri. The final which kicks off today (Saturday, June 3rd) at 7:45pm (GMT) at Wales National Stadium; the Millennium Stadium will see history written whichever side the coin falls.
Here is all you need to know about the mouthwatering clash.
- Defending champions Real Madrid seeks to become the first side to win the coveted trophy in consecutive years since its new format in 1992. Real have a total of 11 final success.
- Juventus are aiming complete a historic treble for the first time having already secured a domestic double. (Serie A and Coppa Italia). Juventus have won the trophy twice, having suffered six losses.
- Sami Khedira has returned from injury for Juventus just in time and is fit to play in the final. Daniele Rugani and Marko Pjaca are both sidelined due to injuries.
- Real may be without centre-back Pepe, who is recovering from a rib injury. Gareth Bale has been declared fit which means Los Blancs boss Zinedine Zidane has a decision to make between him an in-form Isco.
- Predicted Line-Up for Juventus- Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Dani Alves, Pjanic, Khedira, Alex Sandro, Dybala, Mandzukic, Gonzalo Higuain.
- Predicted Line-Up for Madrid- Navas, Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Casmeiro, Kroos, Modric, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.
Head to Head
- The last time the two sides met in a UCL final was in 1998. Real Madrid beat Juventus by a lone goal to clinch the title.
- Both side have clashed on 11 occasions; Juventus has won 6 times with Maadrid picking up 3 wins.
- Juventus has conceded just three times in this season’s Champions League with just one of those coming from open play.
- Dani Alves vs Marcelo. The two Brazilian fullbacks will come up directly against each other and it will be interesting to see how this turns out. Both players are an attacking threat and provide lot for their teams going forward. Alves has scored six times and assisted on seven occasions in all competitions this season whiles Marcelo has three goals, having provided an assist for a goal thirteen times.The winner of this battle undoubtedly will have a big impact on turn of events in Cardiff. The fixture has all the elements of a proper final and there’s very little to separate both sides. Whichever history to be written will be known after 90 minutes, a 30 more or the dreaded penalty shoot-out.
Top Stories6 days ago
Ruftown Records won’t release Ebony’s songs again – Bullet
Education6 days ago
Full list of 400 Senior High Schools that will run the double-track system
Music4 days ago
Bullet Reveals He Has A Mansion Of Deep Things To Reveal Around The Life & Death Of Ebony
Top Stories4 days ago
I used to sleep with three women a day – OJ Blaq
Music6 days ago
KiDi – Heels On (Mixed By Kidi)
Music6 days ago
Amakye Dede Presented With Keys To The City Of Worcester In The United States
Featured6 days ago
Otabil Finally Speaks On Capital Bank Collapse
Featured3 days ago
Two Face of USAG Beauty Contestants Drown During Photoshoot